CIBAR’s activities are directed by an Executive Committee headed by a Chair and supported by a Vice Chair. Since CIBAR’s principal focus is audience research, those organisations most active in the field (British Broadcasting Corporation, Deutsche Welle, International Bureau of Broadcasting, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Radio France Internationale) are permanent members of the Executive Committee.
CIBAR’s broad focus is to promote a deeper understanding of audience research among International broadcasters and to strengthens practives and value of audience research and audience relations activities.
In particular, CIBAR actively seeks to encourage
- the appropriate use of audience and market data in decision-making within international broadcasting organisations.
- the establishment and maintenance of standards in international audience research.
- the promotion of cooperation on research projects to the benefit of members.
- the efficient and responsible use and application within member organisations of all forms of audience feedback.
- cooperation with organisations with similar interests.
- exchange of information between members.
ABC Radio Australia
BBC Global News
NHK, Japan Broadcasting Corporation
Radio Canada International
Radio France Internationale
Radio Free Asia
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
Radio Netherlands Worldwide
Radio Romania International
Radio Veritas Asia
Voice of America/IBB
Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc.